Friday, July 22, 2016

Green Flag Waves for Chicaned

Welcome to Chicaned everyone! For those of you who may not know what a chicane is, and if you do just bare with me on this post, it is is fast left-right or right-left turn that kind of slows down the drivers. They can be added to a track with cones and are added to slow down the cars for turns that may not be safe to be turning into at 145 miles per an hour.

Now you may be asking yourself, why name a race related blog after something that is to slow down cars? Good question! Sometimes the races seem to fly by in the matter of hours and things happen quickly and you kind of forget to slow down an analyze some of the fantastic driving that may be happening off camera or unmentioned by the ones calling the race. I would love to kind of slow down the action in a sense and discuss some of the racing not seen on the tv or some of the amazing talent that is hardly mentioned for their impressive drive from a bad starting spot or being involved in a minor wreck but getting back out there and doing a great job.

Mainly, I will be focusing on Indycar as it is my series of choice, but I do get some info here and there on other forms of racing that I am happy to maybe do a small discussion on. This blog will highlight practices, qualifying and races themselves whenever I am humanly possible to sit down and type it all out while remaining as impartial as I can. I do work late hours as a server, but I will try to post something up as soon as I have time to analyze that race. I know the season is coming to a close soon, but I will include any news I find on drivers switching teams or drivers just not being picked up again by teams. Also will read over the rules and post any thoughts I have on some new rule changes that may or may not come up.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope to have some awesome discussions with everyone in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment